Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Sunday, February 8, 2009

WEEK #5

It's a rough life out here!

Kendall had many outings this week. The first was to the doctor's office where we were told that her 1 month "house arrest" period is officially over (but of course to be careful and still try to avoid germs in public). No shots or sticks at this visit. She is now 10 pounds, 2 ounces and 22 inches long. Today I spent some time removing all newborn clothes from her drawers and closet. It's sad that there are some adorable outfits, into which I no longer have a prayer of stuffing her porky little self, that she never got to wear. Here are her percentiles from the doc's office:

Weight: 75%
Length: 90% (she's gonna be tall!)
Head circumference: 50% (I have no idea of the reason for this measurement but I think this means either her head is growing or all other infant heads are shrinking since she was in the 25th percentile last time)

On Thursday we visited my office where she was the center of attention for the better part of 2.5 hours and slept for darn near the entire visit - even through most of the mega diaper change on my desk! On Friday we ran errands. It still amazes me how much extra time I have to tack on to every day activities to be able to include Kendall in them. On Saturday, we went to the MALL for the first time and Kendall was officially introduced to Neiman Marcus, where the oh-so-helpful sales people showed her (and, of course me) the Prada section, a Louis bag, a Manolo Blahnik shoe, and a Christian Louboutin shoe. She showed little to no interest in those things so Chris can breathe a sigh of relief for now! :) It is unbelievable how much attention one can get from sales people (as well as random people) when pushing a stroller with a baby in it through the mall. Apparently she makes me a much more attention-worthy person!

Finally, Grandmother was nice enough to keep Kendall at her house on Saturday night so Chris and I could go out to dinner and to a wine tasting for our first wedding anniversary. Thank you Grandmother! It's hard to believe that one year ago, we were in Antigua and I was minus 20+ pounds. We had a very "re"productive year!


Today is "Lazy Day" .... at least for two out of the three of us!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh my gosh, she is growing so fast! And enjoy being able to take her to the mall now, while you can! You think it takes longer now, wait until she is a toddler! I love that last photo of Chris and Kendall -- she looks SO tiny!