Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Monday, June 22, 2009

FATHER'S DAY #1

I was going to "allow" Chris to draft the Father's Day post ... but then regained my sanity and thought better of that idea.  Here's how it probably would have gone:

So on MY FIRST FATHER'S DAY, I had to get up early with Kendall so my wife could sleep in.  AND (for the first time ever) Kendall had a poopy diaper first thing in the morning that I had to change (on MY Father's Day).  AND I didn't get breakfast until my lazy wife woke up at 10:00.  AND I had to take the trash out.  AND I had to go to the grocery store AND cook my own Father's Day dinner for not only myself, but BOTH SETS OF GRANDPARENTS who were invited over for MY Father's Day.  THEN I ended the day with a stomachache.

I think the blog is better off without Chris's input.  Here's what actually happened:  Chris DID let me sleep in, but I protested.  It may not have been my best theatrical work, but I protested nonetheless.  Kendall slept twelve hours that night so she didn't even get up until 9:00 that morning.  But she did have a poopy diaper that Chris got to change.  And he did have to go to the grocery store to buy steaks ... but only because he doesn't trust anyone else to purchase meat for him.  And he did have to cook the steaks ... but only because he said to me earlier in the week when this event was planned that "grilling IS relaxing for me."  And he got a really nerdy gift that ONLY Chris would love - a framed original inaugural 1040 tax form from 1913.  To be honest, the tax geek in me was a little intrigued by this find too.   The tax rate in 1913 was ONE PERCENT!!  Ok - geek moment over.  

But here's the best Father's Day present ever!

Daddy, Kendall and Tax Form

And of course it was Father's Day for Pops and Saba too!  

Here is Kendall, Kendall's Daddy, and Kendall's Daddy's Daddy.

And here is Kendall, Kendall's Mommy, and Kendall's Mommy's Daddy

Kendall with Saba and Pops

Saba was here for a week and we FINALLY got a frameworthy picture of them (taken the day after Father's Day, actually)!

Another long overdue photo of Kendall with Grandmother and Pops.

And for someone who doesn't like her picture taken, Nana was sure doing a lot of complaining about never having her picture taken with Kendall!

And this picture has very little to do with Father's Day but I just thought this was awful cute of Kendall and Ginger.  Kind of looks like they're both begging for a treat!  


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO CHRIS/DADDY, SABA/DAD AND POPS/DAD!  

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh my gosh, Kendall is growing up so fast! And Chris, that is HANDS DOWN the dorkiest gift ever.