Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Solid Food Update

Kendall has now sampled a nice assorted array of solid foods - all lovingly home-prepared by yours truly. Now that I'm not working, I am spending more time in the kitchen. Yes, this is scary to me too. But there has only been one fire (and it was minor and the pan was salvageable) and I've only melted one spatula (and it was old anyway.) Fortunately, baby food is relatively easy to make. I'm also developing quite the fascination with our food processor, which, by the way, I had NO idea even existed in our kitchen prior to my decision to become the next Chef Ramsey of baby food!

Here is a list of foods she has now successfully eaten:
1. Cereal - both rice and oatmeal (these came from a box so I guess ALL of her food has not been home cooked)
2. Peas - she loves peas, which does not surprise me given the fact that in my early pregnancy days, I downed at least one can of LeSeurs early peas a day. (can't stand them now!)
3. Green beans - loves these too for some sick reason.
4. Sweet potatoes - definitely a fan of the sweet potato.
5. Yellow squash - this is by far her favorite dish so far ... weird kid.
6. Avacado - she liked avacado, but was getting a slight rash on her face from where they made contact with her skin so we'll wait a while before trying them again.
7. Carrots - sadly, she does not seem to be a fan of carrots (and I can't say I blame her). I guess she's genetically predestined to have bad eyesight anyway so I'm not gonna push them. I do have a ridiculous amount of frozen babyfood carrot cubes in my freezer if anyone wants any!

Today we started our 3 day trial of Butternut Squash. She inhaled it. I'm starting to feel horribly guilty that the poor little thing thinks that squash is the most delicious food out there so next week it's on to fruit. I'm making her applesauce, apricots and pears today to add to the freezer that is rapidly being taken over by frozen babyfood. I'm sure she'll like fruit since it was another thing I craved while pregnant. I have never been a fruit fan (and much prefer french fries) so that fruit thing had to have been her idea!


No comments: