Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mommy and Daddy's Night OUT!

It is sad when 90% of the time "going out" means going to the grocery store and/or Sam's Club. But last weekend Chris and I actually got to go OUT for real! Chris's cousin, Paul, got married and I had my first opportunity to squeeze back into one of my formal dresses (I thoroughly heart Spanx!). It was a REALLY nice outdoor wedding at the bride's family's ranch in McKinney, TX, followed by a REALLY nice reception in a tent on the ranch. We had a great time and were only slightly embarrassed that we were outlasted by Mason and Maya (ages 6 and 4) because we're old and were out waaaay past our bedtime! Kendall stayed with Nana that night so at least I got to sleep in a bit the next morning. I barely remember when 9:30AM seemed like early in the morning to me .... now it seems like 1/2 of my day is gone if I sleep that late! Here are some pics from the event. Thanks to my SIL, Amy - I stole a lot of her pictures for th
is post! :)


















Mason and Maya Harris all decked out for their first wedding!

















Me and Charlie (aka "Pops")













Mason initially found the band to be a bit too loud, but according to my sources, warmed up to the idea of some wild dancing after Chris and I pooped out for the evening.











Me and Maya. Maya was the only one I got to dance with at the reception. Next wedding we go to, Chris will be required to dance with me twice.













Fran and Charlie (aka "Grandmother" and "Pops")











Brian and Amy (the beautiful couple owned by Mason and Maya)











Maya and Mason with Aunt Paula, the lovely mother of the groom.











Me and Amy. Who, by the way, is super cool and someone I totally need to hang out with more often!











Perhaps one of the most beautiful wedding cakes I've ever seen.

















Lovely table setting with view of lake in background.
















And this is what Kendall did while Mommy and Daddy were O-U-T. Weird kid - she likes to wedge herself in random places ....

No comments: