In a nutshell, here is my Christmas schedule LAST YEAR:
10:30 AM - dragged my nearing 200 pound pregnant self out of bed because I has lost feeling in my nearing 50 pound feet and could no longer tolerate being horizontal.
11:30 AM- took bath because I could no longer tolerate being vertical.
Noon - became vertical again for a quick visit with Chris's poor parents who I'm pretty sure were mortified by my nothing short of miserable appearance, to say nothing of my general demeanor.
1:00 - went back to bed because my feet could no longer tolerate my body being vertical.
4:00 - got up because I had lost feeling in my feet.
6:00 - had yummy steak dinner but couldn't eat much because my stomach was residing in my throat.
7:00 - went back to bed because I could no longer tolerate being vertical.
2008 was probably the worst Christmas of my life. 2009 was the best Christmas of my life (so far). Kendall is the reason for both!
-----------------
Here is my Christmas THIS YEAR:
Woke up at 7:30 to a white Christmas! Kendall's first Christmas was a white Christmas. In Dallas, TX. Unbelievable. It was also her 33 year old father's first white Christmas. Also unbelievable.
Santa filled up everyone's stockings!
And an entire corner of the living room.
Kendall was immediately placed in her big gift from Santa (a "Pathfinder" Radio Flyer wagon). Wagons have come a looong way since the metal, tetanus-hazards of my childhood. The thing has actual seats that fold down, seat belts and cup holders.

"oooh, is this for me too???" Kendall very quickly grasped the idea of presents.


"ooooh! Presents came out of my stocking!"
This is the adorable stocking my mom made for Kendall. Apparently it was a tad bit of a pain but she had insisted on making Kendall's stocking so I didn't feel as guilty as I think I was supposed to feel when she complained.
The "Elmo" remote from Santa was a big hit. Off to a good start. I can now hear Elmo's obnoxiously unintelligible voice in my house (and in my head) 24/7.

The singing caterpillar rhyme book was also a hit. But I'm highly disappointed that the "I went to the Animal Fair" song stops before the monkey gets drunk!

"oh, look! Another one for ME!"

The Bee Bop Band toy from Uncle Chip, Aunt Debbie, and cousins Lindsay and Landon was a HUGE hit! Possibly because a lot of the "instruments" can double as weapons with which to beat her dogs and parents.
"ooooh! PAPER! ....


.... perhaps I should eat it ...."
The Fisher Price barn got lots of attention as well! It has some REALLY cool fist sized animals that are great fun to try to feed to the (all too agreeable) dogs.

This is the aftermath of "Christmas 2009, Round 1." If you look closely, you can find a b
Santa Baby and Santa Daddy

"Christmas 2009, Round 2" followed Kendall's first nap when Nana, Uncle Dan and Aunt Corinna came over. I don't have as many picture of this round because I was in the kitchen getting a Christmas brunch together, but rest assured that the end result of the living room "decor" was similar. Followed by Operation Living Room Clean Up II. I thi
"Christmas 2009, Round 3" was hot on the heels of "Christmas 2009, Round 2" when Grandmother and Pops came over for Christmas Brunch, Round 2. Another flurry of paper, bows and toys magically appeared on the living room floor.
Grandmother and Pops brought a HUGE shiny gold sack with a stuffed monkey on the outside!



This adorable teddy bear (that dwarfs Kendall!) was inside the shiny bag.
She was most impressed by the nose that, come to find out, fits perfectly in her mouth and is fun to suck on. (???!!) Weird kid!

After "Christmas 2009, Round 3," Kendall took a TWO AND A HALF HOUR NAP! This is unheard of these days. It's a good thing too, because "Christmas 2009, Round 4" lasted a
good hour past her bedtime. I managed to relax in the tub for a few minutes before getting back to Operation Living Room Cleanup XVI, and cooking the sweet potato casserole. We then all descended upon my mom's house for an awesome dinner! Grandmother and Pops were extremely helpful and offered to pick up my dad from the airport on their way to mom's place for dinner. Kendall was a little trooper and kept up her cheery Christmas demeanor for a good hour past her bedtime (I'm sure the mega nap helped). Things got a bit chaotic so the picture taking was sporadic, but here are a few. I'm sure there are more on other cameras that I'll have to find.
Here are Kendall and Saba. This picture cracks me up b/c it looks like both of them are equally amused by the same thing (apparently directly behind me) but I have no idea what.


This is an adorable picture of Kendall and Grandmother!
And, finally, a family picture. This was BY FAR the most exhausting, yet wonderful, Christmas of my life, all thanks to the most exhausting, yet wonderful, addition to my life - Miss Kendall Jane. Merry First Christmas to my little girl!

1 comment:
Looks like it was a GREAT first Christmas!
Post a Comment