Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Evil ... InCARnate!

Never before have I had such strong feelings of dislike for an inanimate object ... until I met Kendall's Little Tikes Cozy Coupe car. Kendall discovered one at her friend Sean's house and spent the vast majority of the 2 hour playgroup sitting in it ... and kicking everyone who dared to attempt to join her OUT of it. So I knew that she needed one. And literally days after I shared some pictures with Nana of the little darling in Sean's car, a box containing the car "parts" showed up on the doorstep. "Awesome!" I initially thought. Then I saw the 31 step picture directions. No words, just vague pictures. Apparently drafted for illiterate parents. Two days later, I was still on step 10. Then I found the video instructions online which are MUCH better, but on day 3 I was still on step 12 .... which ultimately required a phone call to Little Tikes customer service, where I received the oh so technical recommendation of "heating up the plastic with a hairdryer" (to the point of nearly melting it) and "lubing it up with dishsoap." Interestingly enough, the recommendations worked. It took 4 days, several headaches, many bruises, and Kendall's introduction to a whole new (inappropriate) vocabulary, but the thing is finally together. And it smiles at me every time I come downstairs. Like it's taunting me. But it's little girl LOVES IT! Children test the patience levels of their parents enough. Must their toys be designed to do the same???






3 comments:

The Mullens Family said...

Seriously, Little Tikes makes some of the crappiest plastic toys. As if the coupe wasn't difficult enough, Mike had a ridiculous time putting together Sean's plastic golf bag. Note to self - any Little Tikes toy should be purchased on craigslist preassembled : )

Stacy said...

Hmm, I think Nana better include a bottle of wine for Mommy next time. Or, try the Butler Method -- all items requiring assembly are delegated to Daddy.

Unknown said...

That smiley face disturbs me too! It would make me want to kick it! It also makes me realize that we better move before Taylor is old enough to be wanting toys like this because we hardly have room for an exersaucer!