For my 38th birthday, I allowed my "Inner Birthday Diva" to fully emerge. Actually, I allowed it to emerge several days prior to my birthday ... and then allowed it to remain external for a full 24 hours beyond my birthday. I slept until 10AM on my birthday and relaxed for most of the day. I did sweep and vacuum the floors, proving that even the outer presence of the Birthday Diva can't quell the power of the obsessive compulsive, anal retentive, gottahaveacleanhouse, neat-freak. Chris took me to a nice dinner at my favorite restaurant (Patrizios) where we both ordered meals off the menu because we're important like that. Then we had a nice Paciugo dessert, and were sound asleep by 10PM. My parents kept Kendall at their house overnight so we could sleep in, but we were both up by 8:30 and I retrieved her by 9:30.
THEN came the family birthday celebration at my folks house! Where I got to dress my daughter in a ridiculously cute dress (that she quite disturbingly seemed to enjoy wearing) ...


and a delicious carrot cake with no nuts, made by the best mom-in-law in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment