Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subject + Verb = SENTENCE!
Not only is Kendall repeating virtually every word said in her presence, she has officially started putting words together in a grammatically correct fashion! Mind you, I did not say "flattering" fashion ... but grammatically correct nonetheless. There are so many new words in her vocabulary that I can't even begin to list them all. Some of them are "colorful" and are hopefully not going to be repeated (at least not in public.) But the other day a friend of mine brought her 9 week old baby over to our house and while I was holding the little guy, Kendall walked up, studied him pretty closely, then said "Babay!" Then she went back to her oh-so-riveting activity of Hi hi sorting. But about a minute later, she looked up at me, pointed at the "babay," crinkled her nose and said "Stinks!" She was correct. The baby did indeed stink. A couple of days later, she was sitting in her "eat seat" and Chris was sitting at the table with her. All of a sudden she emphatically stated "Dadda Stinks!" It was a bit unfortunate that Chris was told that he smelled anything less than perfect on his birthday, but he took it well and seemed to share my pride (and amusement!) In fact, she received such a positive reaction for her first real sentence that it appears that everything and everyone now "stinks." Last night Kendall and I were having a perfectly lovely dinner with my parents at their house when all of a sudden she announced, "Mama stinks!" This was immediately followed by "Nana stinks!" Then "Saza (Saba) stinks!" Of course, we all positively reinforced her proper use of the english language by laughing so I'm sure she firmly believes that she is bestowing upon her subjects the highest of compliments when she informs us that we "stink!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment