I've decided that I need to be more diligent about writing down some of the smaller, yet still very endearing things Kendall does/says so I have record of them. So many times she says something that I find absolutely hilarious and then by the time Chris gets home from work, I've completely forgotten what I swore to myself I'd remember to tell him! So here's the beginning of what I hope will be a long list that is frequently updated:
1. "Fast Forward" is pronounced "Fath Foweeed." Cracks me up every time. (never mind the slightly disturbing fact that she knows what it means and already shows tendencies toward extreme impatience.)
2. The words to the song "Open Shut Them" are changed to "Open Shut OUT" regularly.
3. When chanting a rhyme from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode, "Petey Pete" is always "Petey Pie." I think she's right ... it is much cuter that way!
4. Things currently pinched while saying "honk honk" or "beep beep" are: noses, Ralphie's nubbin, and my boobs (I really hope she doesn't do this to others although my suspicions are that she does ...)
5. Said every time she falls on her rear end: "Kiss bum?" (maybe, but not while smelly!)
6. Yesterday, she refused to pick up a book that she had thrown, insisting "Mommy pick up." She went so far as to take my hand, lead me across the room to the book, pull my hand down to the book on the floor, and then she literally placed my fingers around the book so I could pick it up for her. It was really sort of sad that after she went through all of that effort, I had to take the book away from her anyway because it was not her fingers that actually lifted the book off of the floor.
7. The ending to "Baa Baa Black Sheep" is "and one for the widdle boy who wivs down the stweet." (sometimes "stweam")
8. Following a particularly difficult breakfast where she refused to eat anything offered to her, I finally opened the fridge for her and let her pick out what she wanted to eat. She picked out a jar of green olives with pimentos in them. Damn if she didn't eat 4 of them for breakfast. Guess she's gonna be a dirty martini girl like her mama!
9. "I do it BY SELF!" I'm not sure if she's pronouncing "My" as "By" ... or if she's leaving off the "my" in "by MY self," but either way it's darling .... except when we're in a hurry and the insistence of doing it "by self" officially triples the amount of time to do something. The "t" in "it" is always exploded for emphasis so it actually sounds more like "I do itta ...byself!"
No comments:
Post a Comment