Kendall's final swim lesson (at least for now) at Mockingbird Swim was last week and they had a little "show" of sorts on the last day so parents could come watch in the pool area while the instructors explained what the kids have been learning and how they are progressing. After 7 looong months of swim lesson battles, Kendall has graduated to Level 3! I have mixed feelings about stopping her formal lessons, but I'm pretty sure we'll return to Mockingbird Swim when summer gets a bit closer. We both need a break for a bit. She'll continuing her weekly lessons through her school so I'm not worried that she'll suffer too much of a set-back (although I think we'll probably see somewhat of a regression because they aren't quite as structured at her school). I just don't want her to be terrified again but I think that being in the water once a week at school through the winter will be enough to prevent that this summer. I am now 90% confident that if she were to fall into a pool, she could get herself back up, float on her back and breathe, then get to the edge and get out. I say "90%" because there is no way anyone can know what effect the "panic factor" will have on a kid who falls into a pool, but I'm not going to sneak up on her and push her in to find out. Obviously, she is not going swimming unsupervised anytime soon. When we started this (painful) process seven months ago, I had NO idea it was going to take this long! I am so proud of how far she has come!!
Monday, January 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment