Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Friday, September 13, 2013

Little Things I Want to Remember - 19

1.  Kendall's lullaby to me at our (completely unsuccessful) attempt at rest time last weekend:

 "Go to sleep, little mommy, go to sleep.
Time to sleep, little mommy, it is rest time.
You need rest, little mommy,
So you're not so lazy and mad the rest of the day."

Cranky might've been accurate .... but lazy and mad???

2.  At night, one of the songs I sing with Kendall is a lullaby called "Jenny Rebecca," but I always change the name to "Kendall Jane." The song starts with "Jenny Rebecca (or Kendall Jane), 4 days old (we say 4 years old), how do you like your world so far?" After that line last night, Kendall yelled, "I LOVE IT!" She has no idea how much I needed to hear that.

3.  On the way to school one morning, Kendall kept talking about a "zucchini top" that is too small for her. Once I figured out what she was talking about, a "bikini top," I laughed so hard I almost drove off the road.

4.  My car was making a weird noise the other night and I told Kendall we must have something stuck in our tire (I have no idea, actually, what was/is wrong with it but the noise stopped so I'm choosing not to think about it for now).
Me: "Uh oh.  I think we have something stuck in our tire."
Kendall: "I think we have a cow stuck in our tire!"
Me: "Um, I think it's probably a stick or rock or something."
Kendall: "Well, if it's a cow, that's gonna be one dead cow."'
Me: "Yup ...."


5.  After struggling with several of the MATH computations Kendall was asking me to do in the car, on the way home from school/work, I finally realized that she was going to say, "Good job, Mom!" whether I gave the correct answer or not so I just started throwing out numbers and enjoying the praise. The end of a long day is just not the time for math. Not even pre-K math.

No comments: