Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Introducing "Sunflower," my downfall as a parent

You know those claw machines that they have in some grocery stores, arcades, etc. where the claw might pick up a stuffed animal or toy but inevitably drops it just before it gets to you, therefore stealing your money?  There is one in our grocery store.   (side note:  I am now taking suggestions for alternate grocery stores as I will not be returning to this one.)  On the way home from school/work yesterday, Kendall wanted to try it but I (a) didn't have a quarter, and (b) didn't want to waste it even if I had one.  Here lately, my child cannot take "no" for an answer and staged a herculean sized fit that lasted well into last night.  It was interrupted for a few hours by pizza night with the Conleys, continued after pizza night when the Conleys left, was interrupted again by a few hours of sleep, then resumed promptly at dawn the next morning.  During each of these fits I was adamant that these machines are not worth anyone's money.  I obtained back up opinions of at least 5 other people.  Kendall was not convinced.  Beat down this morning, I finally told her she could go with Daddy, take 2 of HER quarters from HER piggy bank, try TWO times, and in absolutely NO circumstance was she to exhibit any ugly behaviors WHEN this machine stole her money and gave her nothing.  

Just received this picture from Chris.  Apparently "Sunflower" was retrieved with quarter #2.  Goodbye parental credibility.  Hello maternal karma.  For an example of karma actually working in my favor, see the previous post.  


No comments: