Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Five Point Five

The long awaited HALF birthday.  A 6 month wait, to be precise.  We celebrated with dinner at Black-Eyed Pea which, thankfully, has recently replaced Chili's as Kendall's favorite restaurant.   They have a fried green tomato BLT sandwich that is heaven on a plate.   

This kid has been coveting this ginormous giraffe for almost a year now.  She has saved up her allowance on several occasions in hopes of making the major purchase, only to ultimately purchase something else because she never quite had enough and clearly money burns holes in piggy banks.  But she keeps trying so I have to give her credit.  Saving money quarter by quarter in this economy requires significant will power and patience.  Did I mention she came home from camp last week with an "award" for being "patient?" I am convinced she uses up her reserves of patience during the day while I'm at work which is why they are 100% depleted by the time she gets home ... but I digress.  

A combination of admiration for her tenacity and several glasses of wine resulted in a late night online purchase of "Layna Lena" the giraffe.  "LL" may not be long for this world because Kendall insists on sitting on her.  My guess is she'll be a permanently splatted giraffe within a week.  Then again, maybe not since almost precisely 24 hours after receiving "LL," Kendall had to surrender her as a consequence for rude behavior.  Did I mention she also came home from camp this week with an award for "good manners?"  Anyhow, I spent far too much money on that thing for it to stay in the garage for too long.  But Kendall doesn't need to know this.  






I think I'm going to start celebrating MY half birthday.  The attractiveness of receiving fairly unwarranted gifts may just outweigh the ugliness of acknowledging my age.  

No comments: