No tears from this little kindergartener! Although she was a bit anxious. I don't blame her. Lamplighter has no "meet the teacher" or "see your classroom" time before the first day. And the parents can't walk them in. We just have to kick them out of our car at carpool and hope that the hug given by a complete and total stranger is ok. I'm not a fan of this practice and it's on the growing list of things I do not like about this school. But I do have to say that Kendall was 100% fine both last year and this year on the first day. This year she was very concerned about finding her room and in the car kept looking at her name tag with her room number pinned on the front of her dress. She asked me more than once if the 1 or the 3 came first in 31. I was a bit perplexed by this since she knows her numbers through 100 really well already. Then I realized she was looking at her name tag upside down. I assured her that the 3 came first and that someone would walk her to her class on the first day anyway. And they did. For the second year in a row, she didn't turn around and wave before I drove off. And for the second year in a row, I drove off in tears. Hadn't planned to do that, but as the kid got out of the car, she looked at me and said, "Just think, Mom. Before you know it, I'll be leaving you for college!" Cue waterworks from mom.
Friday, August 22, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment