Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Monday, October 20, 2014

Whirlwind Nana Visit

Nana came for a quick 4 night visit this past weekend.  For a quick visit, it was pretty relaxing with no adventured planned or taken.  On the very first day she was here, Kendall's American Girl Doll catalogue arrived.  As embarrassing as it was having the thing delivered to my office, I think that may be preferable to it showing up at my house.  By the way, Santa, she wants everything in it.


As promised, Nana brought the Hello Kitty costume which is VERY cute!  And the outer "princess" skirt comes off so she can wear it as a dress.  We're going to take it to Tucson so we have costume options.  


 
Speaking of costumes, we were all required to dress up "as fancy as we can get" for a tea party one night.  Nana got the cape and pink tiara.  


 
Not sure how this happened, but I wound up wearing an old Halloween devil temptress costume that I didn't even realize was in my closet.  The thing must be at least 20 years old.  Last time I let Kendall pick something "fancy" from my closet!

 
Kendall gave us a preview of her Christmas dress and for some reason switched my phone to black and white for her picture.  Then she had to help me switch it back.  




Halloween cookies were made.  Mouths were blackened. 


Movie Night!  "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day."  Cute movie.  Less than stellar Kendall behavior during the movie.  Thankfully, the theater serves wine. 

 
It was a nice visit and Kendall really loves getting to play all of her board games.  I don't play them with her very often and have always and will always refer to them as "bored" games.  She also learned how to play Go Fish.  I might be talked into playing cards every now and then.  For some reason, Kendall seems to be extraordinarily lucky at games.  In fact, we seriously considered putting her in the car at 8PM one night to have her pick lottery numbers for us! 
 
I enjoyed having someone to make grocery/Walmart runs for me, cook my dinner, and entertain my kid so I could shower in peace and SLEEP UNTIL 8AM TWO WHOLE DAYS IN A ROW!  :)  

No comments: