Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Ice skating

I've been promising Kendall a trip to Galleria Mall to go ice skating for over a year now.  We finally went today and it was anticlimactic, to say the least.  Kendall clutched the rail (and me) the entire one time she went around the rink willingly.  The second time, she went under duress and threw in some tears and screaming along with the clutching.  These pictures were taken before the terror set in.  I went around a few times by myself to try to justify the $26 I spent and was pleasantly surprised to find that I can still skate and did not break a hip.  It's been a good 20 years.   




When we got home, Kendall put on her roller skates and skated around the house for a while.  Then she performed a few "skating shows" and announced that she now "feels in her heart" that she can skate.  I think she can skate in her heart for a while before we attempt again in reality.

No comments: