Long story short: Kendall refused to sit at the dinner table and eat what I had cooked for dinner. I found her in her room playing on her iPad so I took the iPad away. Kendall went to bed without dinner and furious with me at 6:15. When I went to bed later, I found this little "love note" next to my bed. She was in such a hurry to express her sentiments that she very nearly forgot to leave a space between "No" and "Love." I retaliated by putting a simple note of my own next to her bed that said "I love you." As expected, as soon as she woke up and saw the note she came to my room to hug me and thank me for the note and apologize for hers. Got guilt?
Not well thought out on my part was the timing of my brilliant plan. Since she went to sleep at 6:15PM, she was awake and ready to apologize at 4AM. I accepted her hug and apology quite graciously, given the hour of the day. When it became painfully apparent that she was not going to let me go back to sleep, however, I had to kick her out of my room. This provoked the revocation of her apology and the reinstatement of her sentiments of the previous evening. Apologies come and go so quickly around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment