Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Hockaday Camp


Finally.  A camp Kendall LIKES!  Thank god since she's there a lot this summer.  I suspect that her acceptance of this camp is largely due to the following:  
(a)  "We're inside almost all day so I don't get sweaty!"
(b) "The cafeteria has real dishes, silverware and glasses!"
(c)  "If we drop something, they say, 'it's ok, just leave it, one of the workers will clean it up for you.'"  
(d)  Choices for lunches every day are like this:  bbq brisket, ribs, chicken in creamy sauce, grilled cod, french fries, mac 'n cheese, pasta bar, salad bar, fresh fruit, yogurt, oreo cake, cookies, etc.  

Personally, I am enjoying the following:
(a)  I don't have to get anyone anywhere until 9:00 in the morning.  That extra hour is BIG and means I don't have to get up in the dark!
(b)  I don't have to make lunches.
(c)  I don't have to stress about making her eat a healthy dinner every night since she's being fed such great lunches.
(d)  I don't have to deal with tears in the morning and the resulting mommy guilt all day long.


She's at Hockaday for 5 weeks total this summer.  Going back to school this fall is going to be a serious adjustment for us both, but we're not going to worry about that yet.  

No comments: