This was not a particularly great week for me as Sunday marked the official end of my maternity leave. It seems like just yesterday I was going into the hospital for Kendall's "extraction!" All was well, though. Folks at work seemed truly glad to have me back and Kendall did well at home with Nana the Nanny. It made things much easier on me to not have to worry at all about her care (other than the continuous flash of a camera in her face) and only have to miss her like crazy during the day. She did come visit me once, smiled at everyone there, and screamed at me. *sigh! It didn't take me long to remember how to properly converse with adults and I am now back to playing lawyer five days a week. I have altered my hours a bit so I get there between 7 and 7:30 so I can leave a bit early and have more time with Kendall in the evenings. I believe one can deem their youth officially over when one gets up at 5AM, gets to work at 7AM, and goes to bed at 9PM. Pretty soon I'll be eating at the local cafeteria with the blue hairs!
Much of this past week was spent preparing Kendall for her first Easter. After again donning the crinolin-filled prissy dress (which was purchased a mere week ago and barely fits anymore), we went to our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday to get the tradit

ional "child screaming at the sight of
the Easter Bunny" picture ...

.... then Nana gussied her up again to try to get a better Easter portrait at the mall with real bunnies (poor little bunnies!). She did better with this photo, even after standing in line for a rather lengthy amount of time, but she was not terribly impressed with the live bunnies either.

I think they got around 3 pictures taken before the screamfest began ...
I'm not sure what we're going to put in it this year (cans of formula maybe??) but Nana is working hard on making Kendall an Easter Basket. It's pretty big, but not quite big enough for the ridiculously large stuffed bunny Nana bought for her. It will most definitely live at Nana's house. Nana did take some more pictures at home with the nuclear bunny and they showed Kendall's true smiley self!


Finally, many of you know that my houseful of canines (lovingly known as the Harris House of Canine Chaos) is the result of volunteering with a wonderful group called Legacy Boxer Rescue. LBR is now selling a line of boxer greeting cards and a picture of Kendall and Ralphie is on one of them - they are famous now! This is not the picture used, but is my favorite.

The outside says "Congratulations on your new arrival" and the inside says "Call me when it's housetrained!" I'm quite sure Kendall will grow up to be an animal rescuer of some sort just like her mom, her Nana, and her Grandnana.
No comments:
Post a Comment