Thursday, April 23, 2009
A QUICK PICTORIAL REVIEW
Stupid job is getting in the way of my blogging time! Here are some pictures taken last week ....
We had a nice visit with Saba who came to town for a long weekend! Just look at those chins (on Kendall, not on Saba!). Saba, Nana and I took Kendall for her first trip to the Dallas zoo. Sadly, this turned out to be one of the extremely rare occasions that both Nana and I forgot our cameras, so it is undocumented. Kendall was awake through a lot of the visit, but seemed more interested in watching the people than any animals. I found this totally understandable seeing as how a lot of the people I saw there looked like they might benefit from some "cage time." Unruly children in public is one thing ...unruly adults is quite another!
Daddy decided that he was going to dress to match Kendall. They were both very pretty in pink! Can't wait 'til she wants to play dress up with Daddy, paint his nails, and put make-up on his face. tee hee!
Kendall has found her thumb! Both of them actually. I've caught her asleep with both thumbs in her mouth more than once but have not yet captured that on film. While I'm not thrilled with the potential damage the thumbs may eventually do to her teeth, I have to confess that I am quite thrilled that the thumb(s) seems to have replaced the pacifier at nighttime. It is MUCH easier to find a thumb after it falls out of the mouth at godawful hours of the night and happily does not require adult assistance. I should knock on everything wooden within a mile radius when I say this, but Kendall has now gone two weeks sleeping a solid 10 hours at night! So, aside from my first week back at work when she woke up every night at 2:45AM for some undisclosed reason, this has been perfect timing. I so love those little thumbs! They're just the best thumbs EVER!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, that thumb sucking photo is so cute! As you may remember, I sucked my thumb until kindergarten (when I fell into that cactus and couldn't make a fist around my sore, cactus-needle covered hands for weeks) and my teeth turned out just fine. Another perk of dropping the binky early -- you won't someday be faced with trying to take a binky away from a 2 year old who can tell you in plain English how much she LOVES her binky.
Ah yes, Stacy's famous prickly pear swan dive ...who could forget that? ;) I apparently sucked my thumb until I got the croup and was thankfully smart enough to choose breathing over thumb sucking.
Post a Comment