Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Year and a Half!

The more I think about it, the more I think my cousin Stacy is onto something with her 1/2 birthday idea. Like Kendall, both of her children suffer from holiday season birthdays, and I agree wholeheartedly with her that they are, through no fault of their own, wrongfully deprived of the appropriate birthday attention. Unfortunately, unlike Stacy, my family does not (yet) embrace this tradition. So Kendall and I had our own Mother/Daughter 1/2 birthday party. We lit candles (1 and a half candles) on a ginormous cupcake, sang "Happy 1/2 Birthday" and shared the cupcake. Then I gave her the Fisher Price Little People toy set she picked out in Target as her present. I'm thinking next year she may have her actual birthday party (with friends) at the 1/2 year mark since pulling a birthday party together for a toddler 8 days after Christmas isn't likely to happen.

Apparently Kendall is well on her way to inheriting her father's fascination with flames:



And sometimes I think she needs to spend more time watching humans eat as opposed to the dogs:

But it didn't take long to remember that cupcakes are easier to eat with HANDS!





Finger-lickin' good!





2 comments:

Stacy said...

Really, I would have bet money that your mom would be all over the 1/2 birthday idea.

Julie said...

Oh she was out of town. I made sure to e-mail her the pictures and make her feel appropriately guilty that she missed it. She returned from her trip with presents. For Kendall. Nothing for me. Of course.