Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Little Things I Want to Remember - 4

1. Last night, Kendall tucked one of her dolls into its crib and said "Night night baby. I'll check on you later. Love you!" This is exactly what I say to Kendall every night. Nice to know she listens! :)

2. We have turned a wonderful developmental corner where I am now (more or less) comfortable leaving Kendall upstairs playing in her playloft while I am downstairs in the kitchen or working from home ... or blogging (like now!) It's even ok if the gate is left open because she will always request help (or at least my attention) when she's coming down the stairs. But every now and then, especially if she's being too quiet, I'll call up to her and say "Kendall, are you ok? What are you doing?" And if she doesn't answer, I'll say, "Answer Mommy, please." And she'll usually respond with "I ok. I playing/cooking/putting on a big big show, etc." (although once she did respond with "Mommy please!") And I'll respond with "Okay, thank you!"

Last night, I was downstairs cooking her supper and must've been cooking somewhat quietly, when the following exchange occurred:

Kendall: "Mommy, you ok? What you doing?" (then, before I could answer) "Answer me please!"
Me: "I'm fine, monkey. I'm cooking your supper."
Kendall: "Okay, thank you!"

No comments: