Saza got into town on Christmas Eve this year so we kicked off the festivities with an oh-so-traditional Christmas Eve dinner of baked spaghetti, prepared by Nana. I'd been sick the past 5 days and was still feeling pretty icky. Of course, I'M not one of those pictured sleeping before dinner! Kendall was "pretend sleeping". Daddy, Saza and Pippin were reality sleeping.
After dinner, Kendall, Nana, Saza and I drove around looking at Christmas lights while Daddy cleaned up and fed the dogs. Oddly, this was his choice. When we returned, Mick Elf had made one final quick trip to the North Pole to bring back Kendall's advent calendar candy AND another Christmas Eve gift from Santa! We all got Minnie and Mickey jammies!
Kendall had been in bed for almost an hour and was still up there singing Christmas carols when Santa decided he had to go ahead and deliver the gifts!
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care ... and then promptly removed and hidden in the laundry room because of the furry four-legged candy thieves in the house.

No comments:
Post a Comment