It's been so long since I've done a "Little Things" post that I had to look back to see what number I was on! Turns out it's 10.
1. Recent conversation:
Kendall (in a sing-songy voice, coming down the stairs): "Here I go to get a chiiiii-iiiiip!"
Me: "Sorry - you didn't eat your dinner. No dinner, no chips."
Kendall (in the same sing-songy voice, turning around to head back up the stairs): "Here I go to NOT get a chiiii-iiip!"
2. The past two mornings, upon hearing my wake-up call ("Moooommmmy! Time to wake Uuu-uup!"), I have gone into Kendall's room to find her out of her jammies and either completely dressed, or in the process of getting dressed. She's even picking out appropriate (although not always perfectly matched) outfits and putting them on correctly!
3. After listening to music with her daddy, Kendall said to me, "Mommy! I'm a dead dead!" I said, "You mean a dead HEAD?" She said, "That's what I said! A dead DEAD!" LOL!
4. While playing with her "friends" (used to be "hi-hi's" ... sniff) upstairs, I overheard her say to them, "Ok, I'll be back soon. I have to go to book club and get more wine!" Ooops. It appears that I have inadvertently shown her the true meaning of "book club" a bit early in her life.
5. "Mommy, when our doggies are gone, we can get a CAT!" Not sure what's more disturbing. The fact that she's already planning for the demise of my fur children, or the fact that she wants a cat.
6. Kendall now spends a lot of her time sitting on the potty pondering what her poopies are going to look like. Then, before I can put the toilet paper in the toilet, she has to inspect the poopies and classify them according to shape and size. The other day she asked me if I thought she'd ever have "a big poopie that looks like a raspberry?" I truly hope not.
7. After a particularly brutal day at work, I picked Kendall up from school and got her McDonalds for dinner (I really do try not to do that often!). She refused to eat her burger - seriously... what kid doesn't eat McDonalds cheeseburgers?? So I refused to let her have a cookie. Here is the ensuing conversation:
Kendall: "I need a cookie."
Me: "No. You didn't eat your dinner."
Kendall: "I NEEEEED a cookie!"
Me (losing patience): "I said no. If you ask again, you're going to bed." (at 6:30)
Kendall: "Mommy, where is your wine?"
Me: hmmmmm
Kendall: "Mommy, you NEEEED some wine."
Long story short: 30 minutes later I was sitting on the couch with a glass of wine and Kendall was sitting next to me with a Twix bar. I like to think of it as a win-win outcome!
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment