Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Princess phase in full swing.

With Easter being 2 weeks away, the time for the annual "torture my kid with live bunnies" picture was upon me.  Bunny pictures (which turned out GREAT, by the way!) are coming in a later post.  It's pretty smart of this photographer to set up right next to the Disney store (he does the same thing at Christmas with Santa).  And I'm sure the store appreciates the extra traffic it receives at these times.  I do have to wonder, though, if I fall into the majority of parents in my compulsion to actually buy something after letting my kid play in there for a little over an hour?  Or is it okay, in the future, just to treat the Disney store as a fancy indoor playground and leave empty-handed?  

The first thing Kendall had her eye on was a pair of $12 Minnie pajamas.  Cool!  


Then she found the princess dresses.  Ugh.


And the castle.  That has a magic mirror on the wall, activated by a magic wand.


But she didn't just want the dresses (one of which was $150).   



Or the wand.


Or the tiara.


Oh no.  MY kid wanted the CASTLE, magic mirrors included.  But then (thankfully???) she discovered the tutus!  Kendall is ALL about dance these days.

So, despite myself, and with a sigh of relief that she had stopped dragging the $150 dress around the floor and had finally accepted the fact that the castle was not for sale, I purchased the tutu.


Aaaaand, on the way out, a particularly talented salesman stopped us to tell me that a stuffed Minnie Mouse in an Easter bunny costume is "only $7.50" for customers who have spent over $25 (which we definitely had done).  Then he handed her the bunny.  That (quite literally) smells like chocolate. 


Aaaaand two trips through the checkout line later, we left as proud new owners of a super fluffy pink tutu (which has princesses on it, a fact that somehow I had missed prior to the purchase) and another stuffed Minnie Mouse (with cocoa beans in its belly).  


These next two pictures were actually taken prior to all of the previous pictures, but I thought they were good "end of post" pictures!  :)


No comments: