Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

This Mother's Day started with what I sincerely hope turns into an annual tradition because it was nothing short of fabulous!  The Saturday afternoon before Mother's Day, I met some awesome girlfriends at the Dallas Ritz Carlton spa, where we spent the remainder of the day being pampered.  As if that weren't enough, we then got all gussied up for an amazing dinner at a nice restaurant right across the street.  BUT we didn't stop there!  We continued the festivities in the Ritz Carlton bar where we saw the oddest and most entertaining assortment of people (seriously, the "people watching" at the airport doesn't hold a candle to this place!)  Finally, at about 1AM, we dragged our full bellies and wine sopped selves to our fancy Ritz rooms and slept like babies .... UNTIL 10AM!!  I honestly can't remember the last time I slept that late.  Definitely pre-Kendall.  My friends called room service for breakfast but I refrained since I had a mega brunch to attend at 11:30.  We think next year we're going to check in on the Friday before Mother's Day and spend TWO nights.  Then maybe three the next year ....


Despite the wonderful 21 hours away (yes, I counted), I missed my monkey and was SO excited to see her when she and Chris picked me up for the Mother's Day brunch at the Warwick Melrose (I basically went from one fancy uptown hotel to another!)  We met Grandmother and Pops there, as well as Aunt Amy, Uncle Brian and cousins Mason and Maya.  Kendall had a great time and was perfectly behaved!  




Note to self (and husband), no chocolate covered strawberries for the kid next time unless they can be eaten with a fork.  After she downed about 5 of them, I noticed that the majority of the chocolate wound up on both of our nice dresses.  


Here are the three mommies (one without her "babies" because they were taking the pictures!).  At this point it was a good hour past Kendall's naptime so she was not thrilled with staying longer to pose for a picture. 


After a (short) nap for Kendall, a (long) nap for daddy, and no nap for mommy, Kendall and Daddy played outside for a bit with her new "baseball" set.  Yes, she's in her nightgown and crocs.    


 Come to find out, the kid's got a pretty good swing!



After about 5 or 6 hits off the "tee," she decided it was no longer necessary and kept asking Chris to throw it to her.  Turns out she's not so great at hitting balls that are thrown to her yet, but my girl can pitch!!


Finally, here is a picture of the gift Kendall made for me at school.  It started out as a mirror, but I put a picture of her in front of the glass because I'd much rather look at her cute self than my ugly mug!   LOVE being her mommy!!!


No comments: