Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Father's Day was nice and low key this year!  Chris got up at 4:30AM (he said "to work" but I found him asleep on the couch at 7 in front of Sports Center) and Kendall and I got up at 7.  After I made a big pancake and bacon breakfast (and cleaned all dishes by hand because we've spent the better portion of 2 months without a functioning dishwasher due to an incompetent repair man ... but I digress), Kendall was hot to trot to give Daddy his gifts.  She barely waited for him to open his card before she opened the baseball coaster she made for him at Smashing Times. 



The next gift (also opened by Kendall) was no surprise to Daddy - a dark blue polo shirt to replace the several year old, well worn, very faded one he already has.  But inside the shirt was a surprise!  A gift certificate for a 90 minute "flight lesson" that includes an hour of in flight instruction with an instructor.  Chris had his pilot license before I met him but it has expired.  I'm not sure I want him to have his license again ... in fact I'm not sure I want him to even use this gift!  But I know that he loved to fly so I had a few glasses of wine and purchased the gift certificate.  Now I need to decide if I want to go with him and stand on the ground willing the teeny tiny plane he'll be flying to stay in the sky, or if I want him to go entirely without my knowledge. 


For some reason, her attire of choice was her ballet outfit.  Could've been worse ... and I no longer have the energy to argue with her over what she wears (or doesn't wear) when we're home. 

Kendall had the most fun throwing the tissue paper in the air. I think this may have marked the very first gift giving occasion where she has inquired about the whereabouts of her gift!

After we all got dressed (one of us re-dressed), we headed over to give Pops, who is recently home from the hospital and recovering from a quintuple bypass surgery, his gift card to Calloway's nursery.  Pops has to eat healthy now and we thought it might be easier to do that if he's growing his own veggies.  Gardening is also very relaxing for him.  He's doing really well and Kendall is getting less and less afraid of going near him for fear of hurting him.  



My little diva is perfectly capable of safely going up and down the stairs in our house on her own now, but for some inexplicable reason, she has of late been requesting that I carry her up and down every time.  My back can no longer take this (although I'm sure I could use the exercise) so I've been adamant about gently firmly refusing these requests demands.  Daddy is a sucker. 



My husband is not a low maintenance man by any stretch of the imagination, but I have to admit that his holiday dinner requests are pretty easy on me!  


Finally, some daddy time with each of the fur kids!  





No comments: