Both dogs are having problems getting up on the bed these days. Ginger loses a back leg and goes three-legged almost every night and Ralphie can't seem to keep either of his back legs underneath him. He does the splits a lot. And falls a lot. It's sad. I do have to say that if the two of them would stop being so daggum bouncy, they might not fall so often. I know they don't feel old in their minds or in their hearts, but their bodies just can't bounce like they used to. I lifted them both up on the bed the other night, all 160 pounds of them, and they snuggled right up to each other. Not sure why I had it in my mind that they wanted to snuggle with me because this was clearly not the case.
Wasn't it nice of them to leave me a sliver of space on the side of the bed? Can't remember the last time I slept so poorly. Possibly the last time Kendall slept in the bed with me. I'm not sure who is worse. The kid snores and farts. The dogs snore and fart. The dogs randomly shake and twitch at night. The kid randomly kicks and flails. They all sleep sideways. I will say that neither dog has attempted to pry my eye open in the middle of the night because it was trying to tell me a story. When all four of us are up there together, it's cozy and sweet. Until the snoring starts, the first dog or person gets kicked, and the first dog or person falls off the bed. This is the reason I keep the guest bed made at all times.
No comments:
Post a Comment