Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter 2015

We dyed eggs early last year and had a stinky fridge for the better part of a week.  This year we held off until the Friday before Easter.  



Hard to tell from the pics, but this year they sparkled!


A new tradition is an Easter Eve "breakfast for dinner" consisting of Bunny Butt pancakes and bacon.  Kendall is ALL about having many random traditions in life these days.  It's very "Fiddler on the Roof."  But this is an Easter tradition which I suppose would not be Fiddler-like at all ... Anyhow, I'm ok with this one.






We put out the real eggs and 12 plastic eggs so the Easter Bunny could decide which ones to hide.  Because the Easter Bunny did not want to get up at 4AM to hide eggs that would make the house smell by 5 and probably be eaten by the dogs by 5:15, which would ultimately make the house smell even worse.  EB chose the plastic eggs even though that, of course, meant filling them.  This year they were filled with little trinkets (balloons, bracelet, tattoos, candy, socks) instead of coins.  Only 2 of them had money in them.  By 10:30, Kendall was asleep enough that I could hide eggs, fill the basket, get the gifts out and get to bed.  



Last year on Easter night, I met Kendall in the hallway at 3AM.  She was fully dressed, carrying a purse, and "ready for Easter."  She had peeked in the family room and had seen her gift from the Easter Bunny.  I made her go back to bed and was called several unflattering names.  This year, I not only closed the door to the family room, I put the dog gate in front of the door so she would have to get through the gate before the door.  AND, I told her the door was hooked up to the alarm system for the night and if she opened it, the police would come and probably scare off the Easter Bunny.  That worked.  Fool me once ....


She waited until 6:50 to come into my room.  My alarm had already gone off and Chris had texted that he was at the donut store up the road.  She put on her Easter dress, I have no idea why, and the timing worked out perfectly.   Ginger and Ralphie got Dentastix, Daddy got a baseball bunny, Mommy got a Twix Easter Egg, and Kendall got ... well, too much, as usual. 


American Girl Doll of the Year, "Grace."  This makes 5 in our house.  



And, of course, a beanie boo.  Named Duke!


Build-a-Bear Marshmallow Bunny from Mommy and Daddy


 And the Littlest Pet Shop play set nightmare set from hell, from Nana and Saza.  There were 3 structures to be put together.  Close to 1,000 stickers to be put on.  This was not my best gift recommendation.  Kind of a cool toy once it was (mostly) put together, though.  And, of course, it came with an App and the little figures could be scanned into the App via her iPad.  I have no idea what the App does but presumably it greatly enhances the otherwise "mundane" three story play structure that took 3 hours to put together???



Before we went to bed the night before Easter, Kendall had to put Easter gifts for "her girls" in bags.  They (all 5 of them) were then placed in front of their respective gifts and allowed to open them one at a time.  She is always very excited about giving gifts and I absolutely adore that about her.  I found plastic eggs in my room and in the kitchen that had folded up colorful hearts in them.  For me!  


 Here is my attempt to put together a "festive" Easter veggie plate for our dinner at a friend's house.  


At noon, we went to the home of Silke's grandparents (Mimi and Deso) for more egg hunting (A LOT more egg hunting!) and a lovely dinner of honey baked ham, baked corn, peas, spinach salad, rolls and to-die-for banana pudding!  



The little ladies had their own formal table! 


Kendall was just over being photographed by the time the moms managed to get in a picture but this is really the only one I'm in.  Yes, she is scowling and pushing my arm off of her.  But it's good of Silke and her mom (also named Kendall!)  


This picture pretty much sums up the day.  It was only 4:00 I had to carry her from the car to the couch and she didn't even wake up!  When she did wake up, she asked for "chicken and peas for dinner ....nothing sweet."  I guess her sweet tooth does have a limit.  




No comments: