Kendall resting with Daddy
The "girls" of the house (Ginger, Mommy and Kendall ... and Pippin in the background, but he's not a girl!)
Kendall's second week of life proved to be very exciting. She slept, she ate, she pooped and she peed ...but did all 4 activities exceedingly well! She did reach a couple of milestones. First, my little chunk outgrew newborn pampers and is now in stage 1 pampers. She weighed 7 pounds 13 ounces at birth, 7 pounds 1 ounce when we left the hospital, and now weighs 8 pounds 4 ounces. So she's gained her birth weight back and then some! She is becoming more and more expressive and I swear that baby has looked at me several times like I'm certifiably insane ... and if I don't get some sleep soon, I probably will be.
She had her first visit to the doctor on Friday the 9th and all was well. No shots at that visit. But she has her second visit this coming Tuesday and, as her 2nd cousin Izzy would say, "there goes that kid to get some shots!"
Kendall continues to sleep very well and we're still having to wake her up for most feedings - all night feedings, actually. And she sleeps like a rock. Seriously, if her hearing hadn't been tested in my presence (it was perfect), I'd swear the child has a hearing problem. Drilling into a stone fireplace in her presence didn't wake her up or upset her in the least!
The second milestone was the receipt of Kendall's first piece of mail. Her social security card. Scary.
The latest milestone occurred this morning as her Saba and Nana were changing her and her umbilical cord stump fell out (finally)! Now she can have a "normal" bath. Hopefully she'll like it!
They do grow up fast, don't they? Guess it's a good thing she's got her social security number!
No comments:
Post a Comment