Kendall Jane Harris was born January 2, 2009 at 9:37AM. She weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces and was 19.75 inches long .... and if she points her toes, you can add another 6 inches or so to that length. The girl's got some BIG feet - no wonder it hurt when she kicked me!
We were at Presbyterian Hospital for 4 nights and received fabulous care. We also received much more sleep than we are receiving here at home. But all in all, she's been very good. She sleeps, eats, poops and pees, and that's about all she does, but she does those things really well! Chris found out already that baby girls can projectile pee just like baby boys!
She does have some really cool awake and alert moments already and is acclimating well to her new home. Noise bothers her not at all - which is fortunate here at the Harris House of Canine Chaos! The dogs love her and are adjusting well to the fact that we ALL have a new master around here.
Speaking of dogs, thank GOD my parents (Kendall's Saba and Nana) are staying here for a few weeks, otherwise the dogs probably would not be eating! They have been invaluable with helping take care of the house, the dogs, Kendall and me. I could SO get used to being taken care of like this. They'd be smart to start slacking off toward the end of their stay so I don't decide to hold them here as prisoners! Kendall says THANK YOU to both Saba and Nana as well as Grandmother for helping her newbie parents with every day stuff so they can rightfully devote all attention to her!
Chris and I are both head over heels for this little girl and can't believe we created something so perfect. Both of us are perfectionists, but we totally outdid ourselves this time!
4 comments:
What a cutie! I'm so happy Kendall has arrived.
Hmmm, didn't someone wonder when the maternal part would kick in? I think it did. LOL! She's gorgeous and I can't wait to hold her and watch her projectile pee on her daddy. :-)
She is beautiful. Sounds like everything is going great. Ya'll look like a healthy happy family. Where are the pics of the dogs and Baby Kendall?
What a nice looking family! I am so happy for you and Chris (and the doggies of course) on the new "master" in the house!
Anissa
Post a Comment