Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Saturday, January 31, 2009

WEEK #4

This was a rather eventful week (ok, as eventful as a week can get when one barely sheds one's pajamas and barely leaves one's house!).

Event #1: ("Home Alone") Kendall's Nana went back to NC so I was home alone all week with a baby and 4 dogs. I think we did ok and even successfully ventured out of the house on Thursday and Friday for a bit (no speeding tickets this time!). It's amazing to me how I can be home (and awake) all day long and when Chris gets home at night, I have no ability to account for the activities of my day. Surely there were activities other than feeding, burping, and changing a baby and keeping random things out of Pippin's mouth?? I need an extra arm. Or two. I can honestly say that being a lawyer is easier than being a stay at home mother!

Event #2: ("Mommy is Physically Healthy") I had my 4 week doctor visit and all is well! Gonna be strange to wait until June to see my doctor again. I was starting to get somewhat attached. I'm pretty sure she felt the same and will miss me.

Event #3: ("Poop Drama") Kendall had not a single poopy diaper for nearly 48 hours at the end of the week. She was clearly uncomfortable and VERY gassy (I think she's part boxer!). It was awful to watch her in such discomfort. This condition prompted "Panic Stricken Mommy Call" #1 to Kendall's doctor's office. They were very patient with me, assured me that this did not warrant a message left on the emergency voice mail system, and told me that it was completely normal for babies to go up to 7 days without pooping, especially when breast fed. Um, 7 days??? Ew! Well, the dam finally broke on Saturday morning ... resulting in 8 very full diapers, one very full bathtowel, one ecstatic Pippin who got to "clean up" the bathroom floor and one completely crap covered Mommy. I knew she was clogged up and this was not "normal!" I think I'll call the doctor's office back and inform them that I was indeed correct. In fact, I think I'll leave them a message on their emergency voice mail system.

Here is a video of Kendall enjoying her Baby Neptune play gym. I think she wants to go diving with Saba and Nana. She really does look around a lot now and seems to enjoy things (especially music) more and more. It's so fun to watch!


3 comments:

Stacy said...

Yay! Sounds like you are doing GREAT! And Kendall's getting to that cute squirmy-worm stage ... enjoy those days of sticking her on the playmat and knowing she can't go anywhere!

Melanie Rupprecht said...

Love this video! It is amazing that Kendall is already attentive, active, alert and grinning! Thanks for sharing and we will see you next month!

retentocke said...

Oh, I love my baby girl (and her mommy and daddy, too)! Thank you for all the wonderful pics and the comments, too.
ILY
Grandmother