Then it was stocking time! Out of all of the contents of her stocking, the "peaches" (clementine oranges) received the most excited response. Odd kid.
But then the candy canes ("treats") with hi-hi characters were discovered!
And "oh-boy-oh-boy-oh-boy" what is this?
It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!
Despite the look on his face, Ralphie was having a good time too.
We finally got her to take a ride on the trike and she enjoyed it (of course, the "treat" had to come along).
Then it was time to "opeeen mo prezzies!"
I must say that I was shocked at the positive reaction to the educational flashcards from Santa.
Perhaps she's an academic at heart!
Nana was the first guest to arrive. She was greeted with an excited "NANA!!! More Presents???!!!" Nana's first gift was a "Mo Mo" table and chairs set that proved to be a nice setting for the next round of opening ceremonies.
Again, the Mickey Mouse paper slowed down the opening process just a bit because I don't think she was so sure she wanted to tear Mickey and his pals! But she did.
This "moooosical" Mickey Mouse Clubhouse book from Auntie M also received high praise from my little Christmas diva. (and I absolutely adore the fact that it plays a lot of old songs that I remember singing with my Papa when we visited in Tucson, like "Casey Would Waltz with a Strawberry Blonde," "Daisy Daisy," and "I've been working on the Railroad," to name a few. Of course, the lyrics are obnoxiously re-written in the book but fortunately the book doesn't sing, so I can sing what I want to with it!) Auntie M also got Kendall a talking/singing broom/trash can/dust bin set that, quite loudly, sings "Sweeping, Sweeping, Sweeping ... you missed a spot!" I think Kendall may want to keep her cleaning equipment at Nana's house. :)
Then she opened her "puzzie" from Nana. The pieces of the puzzle are different colored, patterned pants and shirts to "dress" the doll, whom Kendall astutely pointed out was "nakey" underneath the pieces.
I'm sure it was a stressful day for my fur-kids but they all received gifts and lots of attention. Here is Ginger snuggling with Daddy.
And here is Rehn gutting his new Loofa stuffy.
And here is Ralphie clearly preferring the rawhide from his stocking over his new Loofa stuffy.
Back to the skin-kid: her next gift from her parents was a Minnie Mouse hat and mittens set. We had to distract her with the television and a candy cane before she allowed the hat anywhere near her head.
She also received a Minnie Mouse hooded towel (again, this had to be snuck into place for a picture).
Grandmother and Pops showed up just in time for Kendall's inquisitions regarding "more presents?" to turn into demands for "more presents!"
They delivered! The new easel was enough to tide her over for the rest of the day so more presents were not again demanded until it was dark.
This picture speaks volumes about how we ALL felt at the end of the day ... except perhaps Kendall. It seems that all energy possessed by the adults (and dogs) in the house was mysteriously transferred to the child in the house. What a day! It was truly wonderful. And I am without a doubt a Christmas fanatic, but I can honestly say that I will not be ready for this again for a good year!
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Christmas 2010
Kendall didn't quite grasp the concept of waking up in the morning to a living room full of presents, but boy did she catch on quickly!! Chris and I were both up before she was and found ourselves standing in the kitchen at 8:00 staring at the monitor wondering if we should go wake her up. She woke up shortly after 8 and was initially a bit shell shocked and just stood in the living room turning in circles. THEN she came to the conclusion that everything was for HER! And the Christmas chaos began.
The kitchen was an immediate hit. The trike not-so-much. But she did like the giant bow on it as well as the presents on it wrapped in Mickey Mouse paper. I think she'll warm up to the idea of the trike. I hope. It was not free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment