Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Santa Visit #1 of 2010. It's a No Go.

Kendall was accompanied to the neighborhood Children's Christmas party by Mommy, Daddy, Nana AND Saba (who is still being called "Saza"). I really tried to build up the idea of Santa this year. We've read books about him. We've looked at lots of pictures of him. We've watched lots of tv shows about him. And the afternoon of the "pahty," Kendall woke up from her nap ALL excited to go see Santa! Just before we went into the tent, I asked her again, "Who are we going to see?" The answer was an enthusiastic "Saaantaaa!!!!" Then we walked in. And the smile disappeared. Then we got in line to see Santa and the concerned looks in his general direction began. She was very quiet in line. Then it was finally our turn. I posed with my camera as Nana (her choice) carried her up to Santa. Then the screaming started. I'm not sure when it started, but it was LOUD! There was no way she was going anywhere near the fat man in red, much less sit on his lap. I even tried sitting on his lap (sorry Santa!) to show her how unscary he was but to no avail. Here is the one shot I got of her "visit" with Santa:


After this was taken, my mommy instincts must've taken over because I put the camera down to tend to my child. Although it seems like the appearances of these instincts are becoming more and more fleeting, it's nice to know they still exist somewhere in me!

So we spent our time at the party decorating (and eating) cookies. And candy canes. And pretzels. And goldfish. And drinking from our very first juice box (and last if I can help it - I could feel my own teeth rotting from the one sip I took).




This is how Daddy spent his time at the party.
And this is how Saba spent his time at the party. He was the designated Bo Bear keeper while cookies (and any person within Kendall's armspan) were being decorated.
Then we were given the idea of maybe standing behind Santa for a picture.
It's just not gonna happen this year. Poor Santa. He was screamed at a lot today.
Kendall spent the rest of the day and evening saying "No Santa." And "Santa. I cry." Yes, yes you did. Actually, you screamed as if you were being eviscerated.

No comments: