This year, we attended "Family Fun Day" at the Arboretum on Memorial Day. It was fun. And it was hot. We started off with the petting zoo. And, as anticipated, Kendall wanted nothing to do with it. But I got to pet a really fuzzy sheep, a few goats, a cute little paint pony, and tripped over a couple of chickens.

THIS was what Kendall really wanted to do. And she spent all of 5 minutes doing it.

BUT, while we were in the frog ponds, I ran into a paralegal from my office whose grandchildren inspired Kendall to have her face painted (an activity to which she has always been vehemently opposed). I never thought she'd go through with it ...




But she DID! And was SO proud of herself!

Then she decided she wanted nothing to do with the Eddie Coker children's concert that was starting (and the main reason we went) so we had the little cafe area all to ourselves for lunch. Where Kendall refused to eat her grilled cheese sandwich, demanded to be served Chris's hot dog (which had to be cut up) and then refused to eat that. Sorry Daddy - no lunch for you!

Then she wanted to see the lake. Actually, she wanted to go IN the lake, but settled for a shady spot in a field with a view of the lake. Where she again refused to eat anything. It's not like she's exactly withering away so I wasn't overly concerned.

This picture reminds me of the opening to Little House on the Prairie.

Except that little girl didn't have blue paint on her face. So maybe it's more reminiscent of Braveheart?

No rest for Daddy!

"Come ON Daddy!!!"

"Perhaps if I pull him by the nostrils ...."

And finally, a picture with Mommy. I melted shortly after this was taken and the morning festivities officially came to a close. But it was fun while it lasted!

No comments:
Post a Comment