Mother's Day was very laid back this year ... although I'm sure Chris may disagree as one of his last comments of the day was "Jeez, I feel like I've been standing over this kitchen sink all day!" My personal sink time was limited yesterday as a result. :) Because Kendall had been unwell, not eating or sleeping, and generally cranky the entire preceding week, we planned absolutely nothing. And it was wonderful! My "big" Mother's Day present had arrived the previous day and I have officially joined the world of iPhone users ...yeah yeah, I know it's about time!
On Sunday morning, at approximately 8:30 AM, Kendall's excitement to give me my cards outweighed any attempts at allowing me sleep in. But she was SO excited to give me my cards! And then to finally give me my present that she had made for me at school and wasn't allowing me to open until Mother's Day. This is the first Mother's Day Kendall has been able to "make" me something and I love it more than a gazillion iPhones combined!

Anyhow, Chris made me a yummy steak breakfast burrito and Kendall and I watched some Babar and the Adventures of Badou (her new fave). Then we went to the Arboretum for a nice (albeit short) picnic ("pickin" according to Kendall) under a tree where Kendall got away with eating nothing except yogurt and icing off the top of a cupcake.
Then we went home and both Kendall and I napped (one of us for 3.5 hours). After our naps, Kendall went for a swim in her little pool on the back porch while I enjoyed a glass (or 2) of wine and a game (or 5) of Angry Birds on my new toy. And, of course, played with the fabulous camera function on my new toy using my favorite subject!
Kendall ate her supper outside and Chris and I (having eaten my official Mother's Day steak supper the previous night because neither of us can exercise any semblance of control when a filet and t-bone are in the house) enjoyed some yummy grilled chicken sandwiches. All in all, it was a lovely, relaxing, and very sweet day for me! Thanks to my two favorite people in the world!




1 comment:
I'm so impressed and envious that you can email with Kendall's teachers!
Post a Comment