Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Age of Excuses?

I don't recall anyone telling me that Kendall's ability to make excuses for EVERYTHING was going to flourish starting at about 2 and a half, but boy has it ever! Here's a list of various excuses from just the past couple of days:

1. "It's too cold for me" - given as to why she wouldn't drink a milkshake.
2. "All the food in there is for dinner" - given as to why she refused to eat anything out of the refrigerator.
3. "It kinda scares me" - this one is given for a lot of things, but yesterday it was the excuse for not taking a bath.
4. "I have bad dreams there ... about trucks taking my poop away" - given as to why she didn't want to nap at school. (okaaaaay??)
5. "I soooo sleepy" - also given for many things but was especially amusing this morning when it was given about 30 minutes after a 13 hour sleep as to why she didn't want to eat.
6. "It's too spicy for me" - given as to why she wouldn't eat watermelon. (when that excuse was rejected, she then decided it was too cold)
7. And my favorite: "It's too OLD for me" - given as to why she didn't want to watch the news and insisted that we watch Dino Dan instead.

God help me, I think she might have the makings of a politician.

No comments: