This post is pretty late considering the fact that Kendall has now been attending "Camp Simchah" at her school for 4 weeks now. And the only pics I have of her are on the way home. But she's having a great time! So far, in 4 weeks (she goes 3 days a week), she has ridden a horse, petted a goat and a rabbit, gone on a hay ride, made TONS of art and jewelry, tie dyed a t-shirt, attended a water festival, gone swimming, and learned enough new songs to stage a fairly lengthy musical. And these are only the things I know about, I'm sure there's more. She is there MWF mornings and stays in the afternoons on Mondays and Wednesdays (my office days). The napping at school thing made me a bit nervous, but she settled right in, mainly due to her new Minnie Mouse nap mat. She's never had much of a problem sleeping anywhere and school/camp appears to be no exception. Of course, I don't doubt that she is exhausted after her camp mornings that are packed with activities. It's unbelievable how much they cram into 3.5 hours, including a snack and lunch! The only issue has been that she does not want to swim there. They have baby pools and splash pools set up in the toddler area and they all get into their bathing suits and have "swim time" right after morning assembly (where I was thrilled to see that they say the Pledge of Allegiance each day!). Kendall, however, other than a couple of times, has refused to get into her suit and prefers to sit with the teachers and watch the other kids play in the water. Apparently she does not like to be splashed ... can't say I blame her! It's no big deal, though, and they never force her to do anything she doesn't want to do. She has her same teachers (Miss Lori and Miss Ashley) that she had for spring semester so that's an added bonus! Now that I'm picking her up all the time (which I LOVE!), I inadvertently got her into the habit of expecting a "treat" or a "present" in the car for the ride home. And, of course, what she wants is a milkshake or chocolate milk. The problem with this is that she then refuses to eat supper and it is suppertime when we get home. Last Friday I got her a jumprope instead and she spent the ride home asking for/demanding her milkshake. I was tough and didn't give in, but it's harder on the late pick-up days after a long day at work! Fridays are her 1/2 days. Here are a couple of pictures of her enjoying her milkshake on the ride home ...

... and being silly with her sunglasses!
No comments:
Post a Comment