Despite accusations that I was (once again) torturing my child by forcing her to have her picture taken on Santa's lap, I had every intention of doing just that. But it didn't turn out torturous AT ALL!!! Grandmother was a major sport and got to the mall at the wee hours of the morning to get in line for "tickets" to see Santa. She far exceeded all expectations and scored us the coveted #1! So Kendall and I were able to stroll into the mall around 10:30, just in time for storytime with Santa. This was in stark contrast to last year when we got there at 9AM, scored # 50 something, then waited around the mall for what seemed like an eternity until we finally got to see Santa well after noon. Kendall hated Santa last year .... but I wasn't much of a fan after waiting around for over 3 hours to see him either. THIS year was SOOOO different!!! Storytime was a blast and we were right up front!
Kendall participated in the 1st story and listened intently.
But by the 2nd story, she was making "snow angels" in the dust on the floor. In her pretty Christmas dress.
Then she decided she was tired, demanded her binky, and made herself comfy on my lap.
Finally, it was time to line up! Did I mention she was NUMBER ONE?? Thank God too, because the 5 minute wait for Santa to change into his "visiting clothes" was nearly unbearable!
Finally, they unhooked that chain (not that she hadn't ventured under it several times already) and she darted into Santa's house. After some very brief hesitation, the next thing I knew, she was showing Santa the pictures she brought of herself sitting on his lap the past two years (in both of which she was screaming her head off), had hopped up on his knee, and was talking his ear off.
Kendall followed each toy request (several of them were news to me) with "and candy!" So much so, in fact, that Santa looked up at me and said, "I think she wants candy!" And when I was finally able to drag her off of him, she ran back, held her little pointer finger up to him and said, "Santa, don't forget my candy!"
She was then rewarded by her adoring fans ... errrr grandparents ... for her "perfect" behavior with Paciugo gelato. For lunch.
Here she is with her "entourage!"
Then she discovered that a school choir was singing and she alternatively danced and ate her "lunch."
We did have a nice "real" lunch at Luna de Noche where Kendall ate a slightly healthier lunch of chips and guacamole. All in all, it was a wonderful morning!
As we walked out, Kendall said to me, "Mommy, when I come back to see Santa tomorrow (uh, what??) I'm going to ask him to bring me candy!"









1 comment:
Looked like a great time! Kendall gets cuter everyday!
Post a Comment