I was going to do a separate post on "Pumpkin Carving 2011" but as it turns out, Kendall really wasn't any more interested in that process than she was last year (quite possibly less) and these were the only three pictures I got of the "event." My mom gutted one pumpkin, I did the other, and Chris carved them both. Fairly unexciting. I did roast pumpkin seeds, though, and, after whining no less than 50 times that she didn't even want to try them b/c they were "ewww, yucky," Kendall discovered that she does indeed like them. Which is good seeing as how they are the only healthy things in this house right now.
Here are the finished products:
We went to a Halloween party at the home of some wonderful friends the night before Halloween and had an absolute blast! Kendall's costume didn't stay on long, though, as the bounce house proved to be difficult to navigate with wings and a tail.
Check out this dessert SPREAD!!!
Now check out my child pulling up a chair and settling herself in for her own personal feast!
The bouncehouse action pictured below actually took place prior to the "child gorging herself with sweets" action. She was pretty much ready to go home after she stuffed herself to the gills and, go figure, wasn't feeling "bouncy" anymore.
Halloween Night was great fun! Saza, Nana and Grandmother all joined us for a gourmet supper of pizza and chips and guacamole and then for the trick or treat and candy giving festivities. Here are some highlight pics:
"No Daddy! That's MY head!"
Getting dressed. For the 3rd or 4th time that night ... I lost track of how many times that costume went on and came off before we made it outside ...
Kendall caught on to the concept of begging for candy from strangers frighteningly quickly. Last year we went to all of 4 houses and all she was able to say was "treat please" or "EAT!" Boyyyy was this year different! She followed her pals Liam and Margaret around like a little pro!
(as an aside, THIS is actually my favorite Halloween 2011 picture!)
The costume "head" was removed and replaced umpteen times during the night but it was really hot in the early part of the evening.
I can't decide if I'm impressed or embarrassed about Kendall's "trick" of getting candy, then turning in a circle and immediately repeating "Trick or Treat!" to the same person, and getting another handout.
The kid got A LOT of candy! My favorite was when she picked a bag of M&M's and told the lady at the door, "This is for when I put my pee pees in the potty!" Here she is (again) stuffing herself with sweets after calling it quits on begging for the night.















No comments:
Post a Comment