Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Saturday, April 7, 2012

The "Uniform"

Look carefully at the following pictures for a common theme.  These pictures were taken over the span of a few weeks, and there are A LOT more, but I think this collection makes the point:







My child has assigned herself a uniform.  Seriously, I am so sick of seeing this dress that if I weren't terrified of the "tantrum to end all tantrums," it would have long ago mysteriously disappeared one night while she slept.  She puts it on first thing every morning.  Without fail, every school morning, we engage in a discussion battle about why she can't wear it to school that has extended our morning routine by a good 20-30 minutes.  I may or may not have allowed her to have a lollipop for breakfast in the car one morning so she'd take the dress off and we could get out the door by 9:00 (we usually leave at 8).  Sometimes she naps in it.  She eats in it.  She puts it on after her baths.  And, yes, she went to the grocery store in it, accessorized it with rain boots (it was not raining) ... and oh yes, that is indeed a binky in her mouth.   Am I deluding myself by choosing to believe that I'm being a "laid back mom" as opposed to being completely and undeniably overpowered by a 3 foot tall dictator with extreme powers?

No comments: