Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Friday, September 7, 2012

Fancy Nancy

Nancy, in all her fanciness, has arrived in our household.  Solely because of my cousin, I had heard of Fancy Nancy, but admittedly (and somewhat proudly) had never even glanced at one of the books.  Well, last week, Kendall's Friday hip hop/tumbling class was canceled, leaving me scrambling to find something for her to do at school between 12:45, when school ends, and 1:45 when I can pick her up since I've now committed to being in my office on Fridays until 1:00.  Enter Fancy Nancy.  Apparently, instead of a cool hip hop/tumbling class, the other three year old girls in the school are enrolled in a Fancy Nancy "enrichment" class.  I am really skeptical about how this class is even remotely "enriching" my daughter, however, it has to be better than Disney Princesses, right??  Kendall still wants (and has some) princess stuff, but I did hear her telling someone the other day that princesses are "vapid and uninteresting."  Proud parenting moment!  


She emerged from the first Fancy Nancy "class" covered in glitter, wearing a new necklace, sporting freshly painted hot pink fingernails, and absolutely beaming.  I can only hope I'm not creating a fancy little monster by putting her in this class.  


I'm also keeping all fingers and toes crossed that she continues to want to be the little pirate girl, "Izzy" from Disney's Jake and the Neverland Pirates for Halloween, since I think it's seriously cool and un-prissy .... and we already have the costume.  


This next picture has nothing to do with this post, but it does illustrate what happens around here when you fall asleep with the kid still awake.  I remember (vaguely) doing similar things to passed out, drunk people in college.


No comments: