Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mommy/Monkey Tucson Trip

Kendall and I were supposed to take a 5 day vacation in Tucson with Nana but since Nana's neck surgery ended up being early, Kendall and I went solo (duo?).  We missed Nana, but had a wonderful time with the rest of the family!  

Kendall and littlest cousin (2nd?) Taylor hit it off immediately the very first day and played really well together! 



The next day Kendall and Augy were together all day and we spent some time in the morning at the Children's Museum.  This place is amazing and the kids did really well playing together!







I'd forgotten about the antique Mickey Mouse exhibit at the museum.  Kendall was star struck.  Then she was shopping - asking which Mickeys she could have!  


We picked Izzy up from Kindergarten that afternoon and Kendall was SO excited to see her - was a tight squeeze in the back seat!  


That night, we had dinner at a (very patient) mexican restaurant and then gelato for dessert.  


And, of course, now she wants a piano.  We will probably get one eventually ....



A really cool toy store has a live story time every Saturday morning.  This week it was a story about a service dog named "Mr. T" and Mr. T, himself, was there to play with the kids!  Kendall volunteered to help brush Mr. T's teeth and was very proud of the fact that she has three dogs at home.  Now she wants to brush her dogs' teeth.  Hmmm ....


There was plenty of snack eating, drawing, and kids tables!



LOVE this picture!  The desert (well, when there aren't snakes or scorpions around) is always such a relaxing place for me.


Also love this picture!  Kendall completely and totally charmed Auntie M and was the recipient of lots of story time.


Kendall and Taylor spent the last day we were in Tucson together and we went to the Tucson Zoo in the morning (until it got too hot).  



Unfortunately, I was too busy playing "helicopter mom" when we went to the Tucson JCC pool to take any pictures.  Kendall's swimming has really improved and she was trying SO hard to keep up with Izzy and her big kid friends!  I was just trying to keep her off the bottom of the pool.  That night, we all got together one last time for a pizza dinner and wine.  LOTS of wine was involved in this trip!  LOL!  



I realized, when we got to the airport, that I hadn't gotten Kendall a "Tucson souvenir" like I had promised so we visited the gift shop.  Despite my suggestions of more desert related options, Kendall chose a pug puppy stuffed animal.  She named him "Ralphie."  (like we need another "Ralphie" in the house!)


We had a really wonderful time and hope to get back there soon!  Maybe with Daddy next time!  


No comments: