Warning: this post is going to be lengthy!
I'm not really sure where to even begin with this post, so I'll start with a few of our favorite pictures (and a warning that the Disney passport photo service initially seems to be a fabulous idea .... until you realize that the pictures are fifteen dollars each to download!) We purchased a mere 6 photos from them and I was glad I took most pictures with my own camera.
LOVE the Tinkerbell in hands pics!
Our first day began at 4:30 AM to catch a 7:45 flight that we very nearly missed! I'll refrain from casting blame for this, but he knows who he is! Kendall was so excited she did not sleep at all on the plane. Chris, of course, did. When we got to Saratoga Springs resort, Chris had a beer while I went in search of cough medicine ... and promptly lost my voice, which stayed gone for the entire trip. Kendall and I had a nice rest in our room while we waited for Uncle Chip, Aunt Debbie, and cousins Lindsay and Landon so the fun could officially begin!
We had a fabulous dinner that night at Downtown Disney and I was officially too tired to take any pictures other than the two below. One of Kendall's first Disney bus ride and one of her (unsuccessfully) to spend the night in the pullout couch with her cousins.
The next day, the kids all donned their Halloween outfits for the Magic Kingdom!
The very first character we saw was Pluto. Kendall grasped the concept of getting autographs very quickly.
"It's a small world after all!" I think one of my favorite parts of the entire trip was when I realized Kendall was in the stroller singing this song on our 2nd to last day there.
Look out - crazy woman driver! Even crazier with Daddy's lead foot on the pedal!
As it turns out, my little girl is a roller coaster junkie just like her mama! Here is the Goofy's barnstormer roller coaster we rode several times. We also rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad four times but since it's in and out of a mountain, I didn't get any pictures on that one other than one Chris took before the ride started.
We were extremely lucky with the weather, given the fact that a hurricane that turned seriously destructive up north was brewing a few miles to the east of us! We had a brief rain shower only once and took shelter in a circus tent store where Kendall obtained her first set of mouse ears (with her name embroidered on the back for free since it was her first set of ears!).
Back outside but still in our ponchos on Dumbo!
We returned to the room around 6ish and I made Kendall take a short nap. We then had a pizza dinner in the room and then got the kids all dressed up for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party at the Magic Kingdom that night. We left the room at 9:00PM! It was a VERY late night (we returned at 1AM) but boy does Disney throw a great Halloween party...
...complete with trick or treat candy stations!
And dances with characters in costumes!
Here I am with the girls on the teacups ride. I am visibly about to hurl.
DONALD DUCK!!
The next morning, we went to Hollywood Studios and had lunch with some Disney Jr. characters at Hollywood and Vine. The girls declared it "Ariel day." Here is Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
Special Agent Oso.
June, from Little Einsteins.
Mommy's lunch. From the Vine. The restaurant was, after all, Hollywood and VINE!
After another dinner in the room (and no nap other than the quick nap on the bus!), we went to Epcot that evening. By that point, I was really not feeling well and did not appear to get any pictures of Epcot and the photo pass pictures did not turn out well. We had a good time, though, and Kendall enjoyed both the Finding Nemo and Soaring (really cool flight simulator) rides!
The next day, we hung out in the room until just after lunch and then hit the Magic Kingdom again. Where we rode more roller coasters. And the people mover!
Then Kendall had her very first monorail ride to the Contemporary Resort where we had dinner at Chef Mickey's and met Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto! Kendall asked Donald where Daisy was and he told her she was in the kitchen cooking. Nice. Apparently Daisy is very hard to find for some reason and Kendall's attempt to "go look for her in the kitchen" was thwarted.
THE moment for which I'd been waiting for nearly 3 years!!
Clearly Pluto (presumably since she'd already met him?) was old news and not nearly as interesting as the huge bowl of ice cream, next to the huge bowl of (sugar coated) jelly beans and M&M's, next to the huge bowl of chocolate sauce Daddy brought back from the dessert buffet.
But then Pluto, who did not like to be ignored, pretended to lick her ice cream. Great influence, Pluto. Thanks!
At this point, the sugar kicked in. Kendall abandoned the Pluto method of ice cream consumption and, so as to not miss any that had potentially melted, she grabbed her straw.
Aaaand then moved on to drinking her chocolate sauce with a straw. Was a crazy dining experience!
After dinner, we went back to the Magic Kingdom and caught the Parade of Lights (intentionally once, unintentionally the next time as we were trying to leave at 11PM and got stuck because of it). The best thing about this picture of Kendall on Chris's shoulders was that she had sneezed ALL in his hair ... then rubbed it in like it was hair gel!
Tiana was the only princess Kendall met on this trip. My child walked right up to the princess with her finger in the air and said, "Now, I want you to sign, right here. Not there, here. And I don't want a picture. I'll just stand over here and wait." Then she walked back to me. Tiana was quite amused and told her she liked to see little girls who aren't afraid to ask for what they want! Then she charmed Kendall into one of the best pictures I got!
My little trooper didn't even make it to the bus this night! All three kids were O-U-T on the bus.
The last day, Chris, Kendall and I returned to the Magic Kingdom for a couple final hours before heading to the airport. And guess who we found .... Daisy!!! In the circus, telling fortunes, of all things!
Minnie was also at the circus with her dancing poodles and in a beautiful sparkly dress.
One more ride on Goofy's roller coaster and on Dumbo with Daddy.
Then back on Daddy's shoulders to watch one last show with all the characters in front of the castle.

I thought this was a really creative pumpkin display on the way out!
Instead of an autograph book, Kendall had all the characters sign a photo mat that I am going to have framed with a picture from our trip. Or maybe I can just hang her on the wall with it?
This is my favorite picture of the entire trip. Chris said it was mean of me to do this to her (she didn't wake up!), but it says SO much!!!
She wants to go back at Christmas. Maybe next year! :)







































No comments:
Post a Comment