Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cake Pops


When Nana moved back to NC, I inherited a cake ball/pop maker.  Kendall reminded me of this the other day when I asked what kind of valentines treats she wanted.  I had completely forgotten about this thing but God forbid Kendall forget anything.  So I made red velvet cake balls.  From scratch.  They were actually easy ..... despite the fact that many of them came out looking a bit like clams.


Dipping and decorating them was less fun and exponentially more messy.



Finding ways to stand them up while they dried was also a challenge.  


The entire project took 4 hours.  They are tasty.  But I don't need 4 dozen of them in my house and will be visiting Starbucks the next time any of us have a craving for a bite size piece of cake on a stick.  
I think the cake pop maker will be taking a one way flight to NC next month.

No comments: