Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Kendall Jane Harris - 6 years old

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Mall date with the Conleys

Fridays are traditional pizza nights (and wine nights for the mommies) with our best buddies, the Conleys, next door (well, two doors down actually, but we ignore the weird people in between us!)  This past Friday, we decided to mix things up a bit and all met up at the mall to do some shopping.  The kids all had Disney store and Build A Bear gift cards from their birthdays and managed to destroy both stores.... but I'm pretty sure we made up for it at the cash registers.  After the shopping spree, we had a fun dinner at La Madeleine where the kids ate ridiculously priced Kraft Mac 'n Cheese and french desserts.


There was some "computer work" at Build A Bear (actually, I have no idea what these computers do, nor do I particularly want to know):


Following the purchase of a bed for Snowflake, the birthday bear, (and a slight but short-lived tantrum when Kendall was told she was not building a new bear) there was dancing at Build a Bear:


Then there was climbing and sliding at the mall duck/turtle pond area.  I've always considered this climbing/sliding activity to be dangerous, but there are always kids doing it.  I suppose if there have been a lot of injuries, surely the mall would've been sued by now and roped it off or something, right?  


Finally, the best way to find a toy that's been lost since Halloween is to purchase a replacement.  I'm sure the original Scully will surface within the week.  


The only downside to this brilliantly planned night out was the lack of wine for the moms who had to drive.  Next time maybe we'll incorporate drivers into our plans!   

No comments: