All ready for the Easter Bunny!
It was an early morning for me and Chris. A tad bit more painful for Chris since he insisted on staying up to watch Charlton Heston's The Ten Commandments - something he says is now an "Easter Eve tradition analogous to the Christmas Eve tradition of watching A Christmas Story." I fail to see the connection ... but I digress.
Anyhow, we were up well before the sun to hide eggs. Real eggs obviously cannot be hidden the night before in this house because of the dogs. It would probably be gross to hide real eggs and let them sit out over night even without dogs in the house, but I have never even considered that option since my main concern the past 5 Easters was to keep the eggs out of the dogs.
I didn't get any pictures of the egg hunt this year because it turned out to be a fairly frustrating experience for us all. Kendall kept saying "I can't do it" and basically turned in circles as I directed her to the location of eggs playing the "warm/cold" game. Chris was increasingly frustrated with her when it took her over 30 minutes to find 11 eggs that were pretty much in plain sight and she was increasingly frustrated with our insistence that she actually look for the eggs. Not our best 30 minutes of the day. So glad we got up an hour before sunrise and put some actual thought into the hiding places this year. Should've just let the dogs hunt for them! Ah well. The Easter presents were all a hit, though!
The coveted Princess Sofia DVD
Strawberry Shortcake doll set from Mommy and Daddy (they smell just like I remembered!)
Flying Tinkerbell (aka dog torture device) from Nana and Saza
Cool bag of stuff from Aunt Corinna and Uncle Dan
"Belle" dress from EB
New Ariel swim suit from Nana and Saza
Of course EB didn't forget Mommy, Daddy and doggies!
Breakfast! The morning "festivities" were pretty much over by 8:30AM and I was ready for a drink.
Following a brief rest for Kendall (and me), the weather turned beautiful and we were able to have Easter Egg Hunt #3 with our besties, the Conleys, and then some outside playtime! Chris laid down in the sun and fell asleep in the Conley's driveway. Kendall participated in this hunt for two reasons (1) there was competition, and (2) the eggs were filled with money. Definitely her father's daughter.
Followed by a lovely "traditional" Easter taco dinner. And more chocolate. All in all, a wonderful day!









No comments:
Post a Comment