We are having our kitchen repainted and needed to be out of the house this morning. I had no idea where we were going, but when the paint crew walked in, Kendall announced that we were going to the Children's Aquarium - so we did! And for a "mere" two dollars, I overcame my fear of stingrays and actually fed them something that looked a lot like cocktail shrimp. Very odd experience - probably won't feed them again. They sure do feel neat on their tops, though!
Given the 100+ degree temperatures these days, it shouldn't have surprised me that the place was pretty much empty. But it was shockingly nice weather-wise because it was cloudy and windy! Kendall went on all the kiddie rides, where she seemed legitimately bored, and was often the only one on them. There were no lines.
Then she we went on all the rides that she was tall enough to ride (with an adult) and the only picture I got was on the kiddie coaster. I was too busy trying not to throw up or pass out on the others. It seems that my days of enjoying "spinny/put your stomach in your throat" rides are over.
We finished the morning off with a ride on the sky-ride. It hadn't occurred to me that the "cars" are glass/plastic boxes in the sun with little to no ventilation and that we'd cook in one of them. We did. And it rained while we were on it so then I was terrified we'd be stuck in the crock pot in the sky - thankfully we weren't.
Kendall and I were really in need of this spur of the moment fun morning together. It is also occurring to me as I type this that we won't have as many opportunities for these because her 5 day a week school starts next week! Now ... to find someone to take to the State Fair with us this fall who will want to ride the rides with her ....













No comments:
Post a Comment