The tooth had been wiggly for a couple of weeks but I still was not prepared for the email from the school nurse that Kendall had lost her first tooth at school this past Monday! At Kendall's request, Nurse Deb pulled it for her. I had attempted to pull it the previous night but loose teeth really kind of skeeve me out and I didn't try all that hard. Nurse Deb says she "loves to pull teeth" (ummm, okaaaay ...) so the rest of them are all hers for the pulling!
She came home wearing this necklace with the tooth inside.
And she (mostly) wrote her own note to the Tooth Fairy. Kendall's tooth fairy will be bringing $1 for teeth from now on but there was a Beanie Boo premium on the first tooth.
For the record, I would make a crappy burglar because the concept of sneaking around and being quiet seems to elude me. Four attempts later, I managed to get the dollar in the pillow, the cat upright next to the pillow, and glitter everywhere. Then I realized I'd left the tooth in the pillow so it officially took me five trips. One down, 19 to go....
Kendall was already over her initial excitement by the time morning rolled around, having gotten up at 11PM to see if the visit had yet occurred. But she indulged me by acting excited again and agreed to the picture. Loose tooth #2 is not far behind this one!






No comments:
Post a Comment