Utterly nonsensical racket of getting in to see the Northpark Santa aside, the pictures this year are super sweet! I believe I've complained in the past about the having to stand in line first thing in the morning to get a number to see Santa, then coming back to the mall at an approximate time, then standing in another line for at least an hour after the approximated time with cranky kids and crankier parents ... so I won't complain again. Kendall now has SIX pictures with the same Santa. Every year I say I'm going to buck tradition and find one isn't an entire day's project. Every year I wind up back at Northpark. I will say that this is one of the few Santa photographers in Dallas who allows parents to take their own pictures before he takes the pro pics. I managed to get enough good pictures with my camera and iPhone (better ones with the iPhone, acctually) that I didn't have to cough up $35 for a 5x7. That would've been adding insult to injury ... but again, not complaining.
Kendall wrote her wish list this year and brought it with her so she and Santa could read it together. This guy is really good. Spends a good amount of time with each kid, knows their names before they get to him, and makes sure parents can hear what is said. Rumor has it he's a child psychology professor at UT Austin and has been doing this gig for almost 40 years now. I have friends in their 30's with pictures of themselves as children on his lap. Rumor also has it that he banks a good $200,000 each year for a month of playing Santa with very few breaks and no days off and that he stays in character even in the hotel with Mrs. Claus and his dog in case any kids see him. If the rumors are true, it's impressive!
An added bonus of seeing Santa early in the season and giving him the wishlist in writing is no mind changing this year!
Pre Santa pictures:
Not pictured: Kendall emerging from the Disney store carrying a large stuffed animal purchased at the Disney Store as a bribe for wearing the bow in her hair. Sometimes ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.




No comments:
Post a Comment